Sutphin Boulevard Business Improvement District (BID)
Job Description for Façade Improvement program manager
Sutphin Boulevard District Management Association, commonly referred to as the Sutphin Boulevard Business Improvement District (BID) is a 501 (C) 3 not-for-profit organization managed by the Sutphin Blvd. District Management Association, Inc., to represent the interests of 134 retailers and 39 properties owners on Sutphin Blvd. between Hillside and 94th Avenues. Financed by a special tax assessment paid by property owners in the district, the BID delivers supplemental public safety, sanitation, marketing, business support, retail attraction, and holiday lighting services to the district on an annual basis.
Role and Responsibilities
The Façade Improvement program manager will report directly to the Executive Director. As the Façade Improvement program manager he/she will support the Sutphin Blvd. BID’s Neighborhood Challenge grant program. He/She will serve as the main point of contact for program participants, site contractors, and architectural design services team. Some responsibilities may include:
- Acting as the BID’s main point of contact for program participants, property owners, site contractors and architectural design services firm;
- Identifying and applying for City, State and Federal grant funding for continued programming;
- Organizing property owners to participate and contribute matching funds for the following year;
- Serving on the selection committee for architectural design services and building contractors;
- Developing a marketing campaign and drafting progress reports for local media & videographer;
- Assisting with grant execution, including program compliance, reporting and sustainability;
- Submitting monthly paperwork and progress reports to the City of New York;
- Assisting anchor and videographer with production, staffing and editing needs;
- Assisting with distribution and collection of program applications and selecting awardees;
- Assisting executive director and the BID’s attorney with drafting a project agreement; and
- Assisting with the overall project, oversight and quality assurance. Other tasks as assigned.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
Qualified candidates will have the following skills and qualifications:
- 3 or more years of experience in urban planning, economic development, organizing, façade improvement services or a related field;
- Fundraising/Grant writing. Knowledgeable of City/State/Federal grant applications & programs;
- Confidence and ability to interact, lead and support a diverse range of constituents;
- Exceptional analytical, oral and written communication skills. Meticulous attention to detail;
- Strong project management and follow up skills;
- Outgoing, friendly and customer service oriented; and
- Experience conceptualizing, producing and managing planning projects.
Bachelor’s Degree is a necessity. Graduate degree in Urban Planning or MBA is preferable.
4 month consultant position. Fee is commensurate with experience.
This position does not include benefits.
Interested candidates should email their cover letter and resume to:
Sutphin Boulevard BID
89-00 Sutphin Blvd
Jamaica, NY 11435
*No phone calls or impromptu office visits please*
Write the following in the subject line: Façade Improvement program manager and (your name)
Sutphin Boulevard BID website: www.sutphinblvdbid.org